Terms and Conditions
Labour for the (service/installation work) is herewith warranted to be free from defects for a period of 1 year from the date of completion.
Terms and Conditions
Warranty is subject to the following:
- Contractor has been paid in full for the labour according to contract documents.
- This Warranty does not cover any damage to a person or property arising from the use of any of the products or materials furnished or any methods employed in connection with the work
- This Warranty stands null and void if any modifications or changes are made to the products or materials used in connection with the work without the prior written consent of the Contractor.
- This Warranty shall only be valid if all project close-out documents have been duly received by the Contractor.
- Permission for the Contractor to conduct 12-month inspections of the completed work.
The following causes/reasons are not covered under this Warranty:
- Damage caused by negligence, intentional misuse, or failure to properly maintain the work
- Damage is caused by conditions beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, extreme weather (floods, lightning, etc.) or governmental regulation.
- Any changes or modifications to the work performed by anyone other than the Contractor’s authorised representatives.
- This warranty does not cover any costs associated with the removal and/or reinstallation of the work.
- All the claims under this Warranty must be submitted in writing within 15 days of the defect becoming apparent.
- The claim should be accompanied by proof of purchase and must include photographic evidence of the defect.
- The Contractor must be given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims and to remedy any defects found. Subsequently, the Contractor reserves the right to inspect the work in question and determine, in its sole discretion, whether the labour is defective.
- Client understands that failure to give timely notice as set out in this clause will void this Warranty.
In the event that a problem with the work should arise, the Contractor will have a reasonable time, not to exceed 30 days, to remedy the problem.
Replacement products, if required, will be new and of the same type, quality, and function as the originals, unless otherwise mutually agreed.